Information we collect through our websiteIn General, we receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses. Under no circumstances, do we store or use billing information (such as credit card number, security code, and expiration date). Billing data are entered through our website in encrypted form and are immediately transmitted, encrypted again, to our affiliated bank's systems. We also may request information about your traveler preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and ticketing options. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member, purchase products or services, ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically obtain information about you from our business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, which we use to correct our records and to facilitate proper delivery of travel information and/or documents and email accuracy information (from error logs or return receipts) which we use for the same reason.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit danae.gr or danae.travel. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and purchases made. Our goal in collecting this automatic information is to help customize your user experience.
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
With whom we share your information
Danae.gr or danae.travel will only and solely use the information you enter in order to fulfil the purpose of the products or services you purchase through our website and improve your user experience during your visit.
We will never share your information with marketing companies, advertisers etc. or any other third party except as described below.
Danae.gr or danae.travel may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, cruise, or car rental companies, or activity providers, who fulfil your travel reservations. Throughout danae.gr or danae.travel, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We do not share your email address with these suppliers unless they need it to fulfil the travel reservation you have made on danae.gr or danae.travel, and we restrict their use of this information to that purpose. We do not place limitations on our suppliers' use or disclosure of your other personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through danae.gr or danae.travel. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you or to facilitate your travel reservation. For example, if your ferry trip is cancelled, the ferry company must contact you by phone to let you know.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities, to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of danae.gr or danae.travel, our customers, or others, and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors a Web site receives or what are the most popular vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to make travel purchases or to take advantage of certain features offered on danae.gr or danae.travel.
- Only anonymous technical information is collected (browser name, version etc.) when you only search for travel itineraries without registering or logging in.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using danae.gr or danae.travel to plan and purchase your travel, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee total security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Your personal and credit card information is transmitted to us through a secure server protocol, which encrypts all your personal and credit card details. The encryption method used is the industry standard "Secure Socket Layer" (SSL) technology. Our SSL certificate has been issued by Verisign: www.verisign.com.