- Danae Travel Bureau opening hours
- Companies you can book with
- When can I book online?
- Payment methods
- How secure is it to purchase tickets & services online through www.danae.gr?
- Are there any extra charges for booking online?
- Delivery methods
- International Routes and Offers
- Origin & destination possibilities
- How to book for a return trip
- How are the schedules sorted within the search result page
- Available vessel types
- What does EQV mean in the "vessel name" field?
- Booking possibility for the schedules found within the results page
- For e booking - "Confirmation of availability" page and selection of return trip schedule (If one)
- How can I book for more than 6 people?
- How can I merge my deliveries to save delivery costs?
- Do I have to book a ferry in order to book a hotel?
- Is there a commission or other fee on top of hotel prices?
- When is my card charged for the hotel room?
- What are the different policies shown next to the rooms?
- What will I receive from you in order to confirm my booking?
- Why am I asked to login?
- What do you do with my personal data?
- What do you do with my credit card data?
- Hellenic Seaways
- Aegeon Pelagos Lines
- Blue Star Ferries
- NEL Lesvos Maritime
- Aegean Speed Lines
- Minoan Lines
- Anek Lines
- Dodekanissos Seaways
- Agoudimos Lines
- Strintzis Ferries - Eptanissos Lines
- Superfast Ferries
- Ventouris Ferries (international lines only)
- Endeavor Lines
- Sea Jets Consortium
- Skopelitis (Mikres Kyklades) Lines
- Ionian Ferries
- Cyclades Fast Ferries
- ZANTE Ferries
- Western Cyclades Consortium
- Golden Star Ferries
No less than 4 days prior to departure (for less than 4 days you can call our office at +30 210 3247511) for all companies.
- By credit card through our online booking engine of www.danae.gr
Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Euroline, Diners Club.
- Through our secure payment web page for bookings or a purchases of any other service made by email, phone or fax,
Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Euroline, Diners Club.
- By bank transfer if there's sufficient lead-time (at least one week).
Company name: Danae Travel Editions Ltd
Bank name: ALPHA BANK, Filellinon branch
Account No: 1200 0232 0001 707
IBAN: GR16 0140 1200 1200 0232 0001 707
Cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard and American Express
Danae Travel Bureau does not store any credit card data in any form (database, email, paper or electronic documents).
Our free payment webpage also encrypts its communications using the secure http (https) protocol and ssl technology.
Hotels, Transfers and Activities are sold without any booking charges (service fees, management fees or booking fees) in their prices.
There is a service fee only for ferry ticket orders made through our website. Our company is obliged to charge a service fee in order to be able to provide and maintain the best possible service to its clients. The service fee is charged once per "shopping basket purchase" i.e. even if many reservations are made, they can be placed in a shopping basket and then be checked-out all together paying only one service fee.
The service fee tarriff is as follows:
|Ticket Orders||Service fee|
|Up to 260 Euros||8 Euros|
|More than 260 Euros||3% of the total ferry tickets' cost (excluding delivery)|
Cancellations: Cancellations are subject to penalty fees according to each shipping company's policy. You can find details in our "Ticketing terms & conditions" section.
Moreover, our company charges a 5,00 euro charge for each cancellation. Ferry ticket cancellation is a time consuming and costly process, which consists of letter exchange with the shipping company involved, and effort to recover the actual ticket from our client in order to be able to return it to the shipping company. If we do not return the one cancelled the shipping company charges us for it, even though we have refunded our client.Changes: There is a 5,00 euro extra charge for all changes made after the issuance of the tickets. In order to change a ticket already issued we are obliged to cancel the previous one and issue a new one. The same time consuming and costly process as for the cancellations applies. This is also why our service fee is non-refundable.
Due to the above reasons, cancellations cannot be done online. You have to contact us through email or phone in order to order a cancellation.
The following possibilities are also available:
- Athens International Airport Pick-up service (daily 06:00 – 22:00) Info
- Courier within Athens - 6.00 Euros (1-2 working days for delivery)
- Courier rest Greece - 10.00 Euros (2-3 working days for delivery)
- Courier Europe EU - 29.00 Euros (2-3 working days for delivery)
- Courier to selected hotels in Athens - 10.00 Euros (1-2 working days for delivery)
- Courier to selected hotels in the rest of Greece - 12.00 Euros (2-3 working days for delivery)
- Courier USA, Canada & Mexico - 29.00 Euros (5-6 working days for delivery)
- Courier rest of the World - 34.00 Euros (5-6 working days for delivery)
Note: All tickets purchased from our agency are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. In case of loss of ticket, shipping companies do not replace nor refund the tickets.
When booking routes between Italy and Greece, most shipping companies give special offers according to the season, the number of travellers and/or vehicles and the combination of trips. Some of those offers are available through the online booking system and some are not. Once you select your trip, you can find info about each offer below the search results. In case an offer is not available online, we will direct you to fill in your details and request a quotation. We will then find which offer is suitable for you and promptly reply your request. You may also see info abouth each company's offers if you click on the "Details" link on the right side of each company.
Note that offers cannot be combined. In case multiple offers apply, the one with the highest discount is selected.
Click here for a complete step-by-step "how-to" procedure in enabling your browser's cookies. (Page opens in a separate window)
If, for example you choose Athens as your origin where there is more than one ports, the system will give you the schedules for each port separately, sorted by departure time.
- CC: Catamaran-Car Ferry. Powerboat carrying both passengers and vehicles.
- CF: Car-Ferry. Vessel carrying both passengers and vehicles.
- CM: Catamaran. Powerboat of great capacity carrying solely passengers.
- HF: Hydrofoil. (Flying Dolphin). Power boat of smaller capacity and of a different -than the catamaran- construction carrying solely passengers.
- MV: Motor Vessel. Smaller vessel carrying solely passengers.
- RR: Car Ferry RO-RO. Vessel carrying solely vehicles.
- Bookable routes: You may click on a route and then on the "Book Selected Tickets" button to make a booking
- Not officially approved yet: These are schedules that shipping companies have asked for approval from the ministry of mercantile marine. They cannot be booked yet but they give you a preview of what schedules will be available once they are approved. This feature is only available on Danae.Travel
- Offline routes: These are routes that cannot be booked online and must be booked directly with the shipping company. Usually they are smaller local lines that only support purchase of a ticket just before embarcation. Danae.Travel provides contact data for all those companies for your assistance. This feature is only available on Danae.Travel